Office of Student Services
The staff in the Office of Student Services is available to assist incoming students. As you navigate the New Freshman Registration process Academic Advisors may be contacted by phone or email to address issues such as program requirements, AP, IB, and dual enrollment credit, math placement etc.
Students entering the School of Nursing and Health Studies as freshmen follow a program of studies leading to:
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING (BSN)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH SCIENCE (BSHS) TRACKS
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Health Science Management and Policy
- Health Science General
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PUBLIC HEALTH (BSPH)
Undergraduate degrees at the University of Miami incorporate General Education Requirements which include:
1. Areas of Proficiency -English composition, writing across the curriculum and mathematics
2. Areas of Knowledge (Cognates)
- Arts and Humanities
- People and Society
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
3. Major / Degree requirements
1. In order to make your transition to college as smooth as possible, incoming freshmen will register on-line.
2. Courses that are required for your program or meet degree requirements will be available for your selection.
3. If you have been identified as: ROTC or Pre-Med, You may have additional requirements which need to be met. Your advisor will discuss these with you during the academic orientation to the School of Nursing and Health Studies.
4. If you have or anticipate receiving AP, IB or dual enrollment credit please indicate so on your registration form. Click here for information on AP / IB Scores. Please make sure to request official scores be sent to UM Office of Admissions.
5. All new incoming students are required to take UMX100 (UM Experience Course) their first semester. You will automatically be registered for the UMX100 (0 credit) course before the beginning of your first semester.
All incoming freshmen must attend academic orientation and meet with an advisor prior to the beginning of classes. At your advising meeting, you may review your schedule to ensure that you understand your program of studies and your progression through it. You may also update your AP, IB and dual enrollment credit at that time.
We are excited about having you join the SONHS in the fall. Thank you and enjoy the remainder of your senior year.
Office of Student Services Undergraduate Staff
Sean M. Kilpatrick, Assistant Dean for Student Services - email@example.com
Yenisey Cabrera, Senior Academic Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Alvarez, Academic Advisor - email@example.com
Jude Dhaiti, Data Analyst - firstname.lastname@example.org
Gloria Vallina, Administrative Assistant - email@example.com
Anna Castro, Admissions Services Representative - firstname.lastname@example.org
Karla Sanchez, Receptionist - email@example.com
University of Miami
School of Nursing and Health Studies
Office of Student Services
P.O. Box 248153
5030 Brunson Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33124-3850