s University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies recent graduates, you are the next generation of healthcare providers, and it is important for you to see yourselves as innovators and leaders who will impact the future of health care for years to come. Through your efforts and by example, you serve as positive role models for our current students, encouraging them to aim high in their educational and career goals. We hope that your time here has inspired you to learn more about the vast opportunities open to nurses and health care leaders, and that your ongoing dedication in your chosen profession encourages you to remain engaged with our school.
Congratulations on your tremendous accomplishment, and we look forward to following your career as leaders in your chosen field.
Join fellow recent alumni in Bleeding Orange and Giving Green.
Recent Alumni are the Future of UM
Annual support by alumni is essential for the U to maintain its tradition of excellence and to continue our climb up the top of national rankings. Recent Alumni – those who have graduated within the last ten years – are the hallmark of UM’s future. Your voices, your leadership, and your support will make a real impact at the University of Miami for many years to come. Your individual gifts working together will make a real difference for the University and our students.
Making a Difference
Graduates of the last ten years make up almost one-fourth of living Hurricane alumni. Your participation is essential in establishing a foundation of annual support upon which UM can rely.
No gift is too small
. A gift of any size directly supports students. Your gift is a vote of confidence that demonstrates “Hurricane Pride” and that you believe in the work that we do.
It’s not just the money
. Every gift counts as a statement to ranking publications like U. S. News & World Report, that you support your alma mater. Continued and improved annual alumni giving is essential to our continued climb to the top tier of these national rankings. Also, many corporations and foundations consider alumni participation rates when awarding grants.
Why UM Needs Your Help!
To discuss charitable contribution opportunities, please call the SONHS Advancement Office at (305) 284-1892.
- U Got, Now, U Give! Tuition only covers 81% of the annual cost to educate a UM student. Private gifts from alumni and friends of the University help bridge the gap.
- Annual gifts are used to meet the greatest and most pressing needs of the University. Fundamental needs, such as:
- Scholarships and fellowships
- Research support for undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty
- Support for programs, equipment, and resources critical to our success
- Annual gifts are spent in the year they are raised. They provide flexibility, enabling UM to respond quickly to opportunities that support initiatives critical to the success of our students. Opportunities that add depth and breadth to the University experience.
- As almost 25% of all living alums, recent alumni have an immense impact on the overall participation rate of the University. By giving whatever amount you can afford each year, and by encouraging your friends to give, your impact will be felt. You can help UM climb the national rankings and sustain its place as a top tier University.
You can give securely online using
VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICANEXPRESS OR DISCOVER
Become a fan and follow us!