FNP program start dates and application deadlines
Spring semester (January) - September 15
Fall semester (August) - April 1
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited program of nursing is preferred.
All official transcripts must be mailed from the issuing institution’s registrar’s office directly to NursingCAS. NursingCAS cannot process transcripts that are stamped “Issued to Student”. In order to expedite the processing be sure to include the Transcript Request Form. Transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service and should be mailed to NursingCAS at the following address:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Prerequisite: Introductory Statistics Course
- Note: You must input all of your college level coursework into the NursingCAS application. Be sure to have a copy of your transcript(s) in hand or accessible in order to complete this section. All college level course work (including in-progress course work) must be entered into the application in the “Coursework” section. There is a short, instructional video posted here on how to accurately complete this section. And detailed instructions are posted here. This will be the most time-consuming aspect of the application process.
- If you would rather have NursingCAS staff enter in your coursework data on your behalf then you have the option of paying an additional fee to use the Coursework Entry Service. Click here to learn more about the service. The data entered into this section is used to calculate GPAs in order to make admissions decisions.
- Three letters of reference: one from an academic source. . Request your references be submitted via NursingCAS by completing the “References” section of the application.
- Statement of professional goals. Submit by copying and pasting or typing in your statement in the “Personal Statement” section of the application. When you save your statement title it “University of Miami MSN FNP”.
- Current résumé, upload in the “Documents Upload” section of NursingCAS.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice nursing in the state of Florida, or the state or territory of current practice. (Once admitted to the program, must obtain Florida licensure.) Input your RN license information in the “Professional Experience” section of NursingCAS and upload a copy in the “Documents Upload” section of NursingCAS
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate. Input this information in the “Professional Experience” section of NursingCAS and/or upload a copy in the “Documents Upload” section of NursingCAS.
- The GRE is NOT required.
- International students must have a degree equivalent to a U.S. Baccalaureate degree in nursing. Information about international admissions for graduate students may be found through the University of Miami Graduate School. Applicants for whom English is not the native language must meet the University’s English requirements, for more information, please go to: TOEFL Score Requirements.
- Send TOEFL scores directly to the University of Miami. NursingCAS does not process test scores.
- Interviews will be scheduled as requested by faculty. The interview may be in person, via telephone or webcam. If in person, travel will be at the applicant’s expense.
If admitted to the FNP program, all students must complete a successful FBI background clearance, drug screen and have current immunizations. Students must have a background report without any infractions, regardless of how they were resolved or adjudicated. Accordingly, if your background report contains any infractions, regardless of how they were resolved or adjudicated, you will not be able to successfully clear your background check and you will be withdrawn from the program. In addition, students must pass a drug screening and have current immunizations (see student handbook for immunization requirements).
- In the “Designations” section of NursingCAS you will select the University of Miami and the MSN-FNP program.
- APPLY NOW! Note: Applications are now being processed through NursingCAS. NursingCAS is the online, centralized application service for nursing schools. You can use NursingCAS to apply to the University of Miami and other participating schools. NursingCAS processes your application and transcripts on behalf of the university.
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application please contact NursingCAS support via phone at 617-612-2880 Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM Eastern Time and Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern Time and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post questions to NursingCAS by following their Twitter and/or Facebook accounts. Detailed instructions and FAQs are available too. Instructional videos are posted on the NursingCAS YouTube channel.
Monitor the Status of Your Application:
The “My Messages” section of the NursingCAS application will include any messages that NursingCAS or a school has sent to you. Please check your “My Messages” to see if you have received any vital information about your application. Messages will be sent to the “My Messages” inbox and your personal email address that you created your account with.
Use the “Quick Status Menu” options to check to see if your Transcript(s), Reference(s), or Payment(s) have been received after you submit them. To check to see which Designations you have selected (in other words programs you have applied to) by clicking on the Designations option under the Quick Status menu. The GPA Calculations option under the Quick Status menu will display any GPA calculations NursingCAS has generated for you based on the coursework data you entered. Your application has been “verified” once your GPA Calculations are complete. Learn more about “verification”.
For More Information, visit: School of Nursing and Health Studies Admissions
Become a fan and follow us!