The School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS) and the Graduate Programs in Public Health at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine have developed a Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) to a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) or M.S. in Public Health (MSPH) 4 + 1 program.
- Undergraduate BSPH students who qualify academically may apply to the MPH or MSPH program in the spring of their junior year; no GRE is required for BSPH students.
- Accepted students take 12 credits of Master’s level Public Health courses in their senior year that count toward their MPH or MSPH degree.
- Students can complete their MPH or MSPH degree in only one additional academic year.
- The Graduate Programs in Public Health will waive the cost for the 12 credits of graduate courses taken in senior year. Accepted students matriculate into the MPH or MSPH program and complete the remaining 33 credits of graduate coursework at UM graduate school tuition rates.
- BSPH students must have an overall undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0 at the time of application to be considered. Accepted students who do not maintain a GPA of 3.0 for the remainder of their undergraduate coursework are subject to re-evaluation.
- GRE scores are not required for University of Miami undergraduates who apply to the 5 year BSPH + MPH program.
- Admissions decisions to the graduate program will be made solely by the admissions committee for the Graduate Programs in Public Health at the Miller School of Medicine.
- BSPH students taking master’s level public health courses in their senior year must obtain a grade of B or better in these courses in order for them to count towards the graduate degree.
For Further Information and Application Please Contact:
The Office of Student Services
School of Nursing and Health Studies – Room 142