The Yoga Program offers a schedule with 4 different styles of yoga. Yoga Program membership is only available to Wellness Center members age 13 and up. The purchase of a Yoga card gains you access to any and all of the classes on the Yoga Program schedule, for the duration below and in accordance with the policies. With the purchase of a Yoga card, there is no limit to the number of classes you may attend.
This form focuses on powerful flowing movements, such as push-ups and lunges, which take strength and stamina. Power yoga may be appropriate for those who are looking for a more strenuous practice that want to add flexibility, balance, and concentration to their exercise routines. This 5,000-year-old yoga system is terrific for those who want an intense yoga practice that will strengthen the body and steady the mind. Bring a towel and a smile and prepare to sweat!
Learn how to increase your strength, flexibility and balance through the practice of a variety of yoga asanas (postures). Deepen your relaxation skills, refine your ability to focus, and improve your self-awareness using breathing techniques (pranayama). Short talks on exercise, breathing, relaxation, diet, positive thinking and meditation are included. Come relax, recharge, and reduce your stress. This class is great for all fitness levels.
Vinyasa is a step-by-step progression that has a beginning, middle and end. The classes progress in a flow-like wave with each asana flowing into the next. The body is in motion much of the class. This class brings balance, strength, and calmness to the practitioner. By practicing in a connected way, the practitioner gains a greater awareness of the connectedness of every moment in our lives. This class is a serious workout that will develop your strength, flexibility and endurance both physically and mentally.
Purchase your Studio Cycling pass in the Sales Office Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
1. Trade in your previous semester’s pass by the second Friday of the current semester and receive $5 off of the current semester pass.
2. Yoga card prices will be pro-rated twice during the semester.
3. Purchase a semester pass within one week of using a One-time Pass and get credit for the value of a single One-time Pass.
|Membership Status||Semester Pass||One Time Pass|
|Non-Members||Not eligible||$10.00+Facility Guest Fee|
For your convenience, Yoga Mats are available for purchase ($15) at the Wellness Suite.
Contact the Sales Office at 305-284-5433 for additional information.
1. Participants must present their Yoga Program membership card in order to enter each class session.
2. The membership card is nontransferable. Improper use of your card will result in confiscation. Memberships may be revoked for misuse.
3. Lost or damaged cards can be replaced at the Wellness Suite Reception Desk. A fee of $5 will be charged for the first replacement card and $20 for each card thereafter. Membership is non-refundable.
4. Class sessions are limited to a maximum of 40 members. Entry is on first-come, first-serve basis. After 40 have entered, the class will be closed.
5. Members should line up outside the designated entry door. Under no circumstances should members enter the Yoga room until instructed by the door monitor or instructor.
6. For safety reasons, members may only enter an open class within the first 10 minutes. After 10 minutes the class is closed.
7. Patrons must be at least 13 years of age to participate in the Yoga classes.
8. No cell phones, beepers, or noise making devices may be left on during Yoga class.
9. Only current, fees-paid UM students or Wellness Center members are eligible to register or participate in the Yoga program.
10. Registration in the Yoga program constitutes an agreement to keep one’s Wellness Center membership current throughout the term of the program membership.
11. The yoga instructors and the program management recommend yoga mats (for safety and cleanliness). For your convenience, yoga mats are available for purchase at the Wellness Suite Desk for $15.
Please call the Wellness Suite at 305-284-LIFE (5433) for additional information.