Studio Cycling is the indoor cycling class that provides an intense cardiovascular workout set to music. The studio is located on the second floor of the Wellness Center and features 20 Star Trac Spinner NXT bikes. Classes simulate riding on various types of terrain such as hills and flats by adjusting the resistance on your bike. Studio Cycling Program membership is only available to Herbert Wellness Center members ages 13 and up. The purchase of a studio cycling card gains you access to any and all of the classes on the studio cycling program schedule, for the duration below and in accordance with policies. With the purchase of a Studio Cycling card, there is no limit to the number of classes you may attend.
Warning: Studio Cycling is a high-intensity class. If you have any cardiovascular risk factors, special medical conditions, or you are over the age of 45 years (male) or 55 years (female); we strongly encourage you to speak with your primary care physician before participating in a Studio Cycling class. As always, you are in control of your ride. If you feel the intensity is too great or you are working too hard, decrease the resistance on your bicycle.
Purchase your Studio Cycling pass in the Sales Office Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
1.Trade in your previous semester’s pass by the second Friday of the current semester and receive $5 off of the current semester pass.
2. Studio Cycling card prices will be prorated twice during the semester.
3. Purchase a semester pass within one week of using a One Time Pass and get credit for the value of a single One-time Pass.
|Membership Status||Semester Pass||One Time Pass|
|Non-Members||Not eligible||$10.00+Facility Guest Fee|
Contact the Sales Office at 305-284-5433 for additional information.
1. Participants must present their Studio Cycling Program membership card in order to enter each class session.
2. Your membership card is nontransferable. Improper use of your card will result in confiscation. Memberships may be revoked for misuse.
3. Lost or damaged cards may be replaced at the Wellness Suite Reception Desk. A fee of $5 will be charged for the first replacement card and $20 for each card thereafter. Membership is non-refundable.
4. Class sessions are limited to one person per bike. Entry is on first-come, first-serve basis. Please note that cycle members have first priority in class entrance. After the bikes are full, the class will be closed. (See Reservation policies)
5. Members should line up outside the designated entry door. Under no circumstances should members enter the Studio Cycling room until instructed by the door monitor or instructor.
6. For safety reasons and as a courtesy to other participants, members may only enter an open class within the first 10 minutes of the session. After 10 minutes the class will be closed. No exceptions.
7. Patrons must be at least 13 years of age to participate in the Studio Cycling classes.
8. Only current, fees-paid UM students or Wellness Center members are eligible to register or participate in the Studio Cycling program.
9. Registration in the Studio Cycling program constitutes an agreement to keep one’s Wellness Center membership current throughout the term of the program membership. If the membership date on a semester pass is expired, members will have one week from that date to obtain a new Studio Cycling card at no charge. Members may be denied entry after this one week grace period.
1. Reservations will be taken for the weekday evening Studio Cycling classes. Participants can sign up for a class one day in advance. The only exception is that Monday classes can be reserved the previous Friday. In order to be eligible to make a reservation, you must purchase a Studio Cycling Program membership card.
2. Ten bikes are available for reservation and the remaining bikes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
3. Failure to cancel your reservation one hour prior to class will result in the eventual loss of reservation privileges. If a participant fails to cancel his/her reservation twice in one semester, he/she will lose reservation privileges for the remainder of the semester.
4. A waiting list of up to five individuals will be available. If a space on the reservation list becomes available, we will call the names on the list and offer them the spot. If the first person on the list is not able to confirm their participation five minutes prior to the class start time, we will call the names on the waiting list in order.