Personal trainers are not just for people who want to lose weight. Individuals at any fitness level can benefit from working with a personal trainer, from the beginner to the athlete and everyone in-between. Here are a few of the many reasons someone may hire a personal trainer:
Personal trainers at the Herbert Wellness Center are University of Miami students, typically earning degrees in an exercise related field such as exercise science, exercise physiology, sports medicine, or physical therapy. In addition, each trainer is certified through a nationally recognized organization and exhibits practical and intellectual competency and leadership in fitness. Trainers work under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, Fitness and Personal Training, and receive regular continuing education to stay up to date on fitness trends and training techniques.
Getting a personal trainer at the Herbert Wellness Center is simple. Follow these steps, and you’ll be on your way.
1. Visit the Wellness Suite to fill out the necessary paperwork, or download the Personal Fitness Assessment Form. Once you have completed this form, you will need to turn it in to the Wellness Suite.
2. A registration fee of $20 is due when you turn in the paperwork.
3. Once your paperwork and fee are submitted, you will be scheduled for your personal fitness assessment.
4. During the assessment you will discuss your goals and expectations, and obtain baseline measurements which help your trainer design your program.
5. A personal trainer, chosen based on your preference and individual needs, will contact you within 48 hours of your assessment to schedule your first session. View a full listing of our personal trainers here.
Sessions may be purchased individually or in packages of eight. Buddy Passes are also available for people who would like to attend training sessions with a friend for a reduced session rate. Prices vary depending on the type of membership you have. Purchase seven sessions at once and receive your eighth session for free.
|Single 1-hour||Single 8-hour||Buddy 1-hour||Buddy 8-hour|
1. Payment for all personal training sessions must be made through the Sales Office in the Wellness Enrichment Suite. At no time should any form of compensation be made to the trainer by the client as payment for personal training services.
2. All personal training appointments must begin on time and end one hour after the scheduled starting time. Any time lost due to client tardiness is considered part of the appointment and is non-refundable. Personal trainers are expected to wait 15 minutes for a client at which time it is their discretion whether to keep the appointment.
3. If a client cancels a session within 24 hours of the scheduled meeting time, the client will forfeit that session. If the trainer cancels a session within 24 hours of the scheduled meeting time, the trainer will be required to provide a complimentary session for the inconvenience.
4. Clients must purchase personal training sessions prior to the scheduled session.
5. Clients will have full responsibility for their choice of a personal trainer. If the client does not have a preference then the Assistant Director of Personal Training will recommend a trainer. This recommendation is based solely on the personal trainer’s availability and qualifications to meet the client’s goals. A client can request a different trainer at any time.
For additional information, please call the Sales Office at 305-284-5433 or the Assistant Director for Fitness and Personal Training at 305-284-8504.