**All Intramural Basketball rules apply with the following modifications
Table of Contents:
Rule 1. The Game
Rule 2. Fouls
Rule 3. Co-recreational Rules
Rule 4. Conduct of Players and Advisory Board
Rule 1. The Game
A. Teams will consist of 3 players with an unlimited roster.
B. Game may start if a team has at least 2 players.
C. Game Time: 20 minute game with a running clock or the first team to the score of 15 and ahead by 2 or more points. If there is not a lead by two or more points at the end of the regulation, the team that is ahead wins. A tie score at the end of regulation shall result in a 2 minute running clock overtime period, with ball possession determined by a coin toss.
D. Timeouts: The referees will only call timeouts for injuries and any other situations that the official deems necessary. There are no team time-outs.
E. Substitutions: May be made after a converted basket, or dead ball situation.
F. Ball Possession: The winner of the coin toss will gain ball possession at the beginning of the game. Ball possession changes after each converted basket, unless a foul is awarded.
G. Stalling: Stalling will NOT be allowed at any time during the game. If a team is warned for stalling, the official will administer a 10 –second count during which a shot must be attempted. If a shot is not attempted, ball possession will be lost.
H. Imaginary check line: Is at the top of and around the arc or 3-point line. Players do not have to pass the ball in but must check the ball after every situation except for a steal or a rebound. On defensive rebounds or steals, the ball must be returned to the check line and the player in possession of the ball may retain control and attempt to score. This is in effect even for air balls. After any dead ball, the ball must be checked at the top of the arc.
I. Scoring: The game will be played with 1’s and 2’s. Any shot made beyond the arc will result in 2 points awarded. Any shot made within the arc will result in 1 point awarded.
Rule 2. Fouling
A. All common, personal and technical fouls shall be counted against a team total. An individual team member can not foul out of the game. In each half, a bonus will be awarded on and after the fifth team foul. Team fouls will carry over into overtime periods. Note: Any player that receives 2 technical fouls will be ejected.
B. Prior to the fifth team foul:
1. Any common foul shall result in loss of possession for the offending team
2. Any offensive foul shall result in disallowing a converted basket and loss of possession
3. Any shooting foul with a missed basket will result in a retain of possession;
4. Any shooting foul with a converted basket shall result in the basket being awarded and change of possession.
C. On and after the fifth team foul:
1. Any common foul shall result in 1 point awarded and retained possession for the offended team
2. Any offensive foul shall result in disallowing a converted basket along with retained possession for the offended team
3. Any shooting foul with a missed basket shall result in points awarded for the field goal attempted along with retained possession
4. Any shooting foul with a converted basket shall result in the basket being awarded along with retained possession.
D. In the event that there is not an official on the court players will call their own fouls. If there is a discrepancy over a call that has been made by a player the scorekeeper and/or supervisor will make the final decision. Possession arrow will be used when a call is still undecided by the scorekeeper or the supervisor.
Rule 3. Co-Rec Rules
A. All 3-on-3 rules apply except for the following:
1. To start a game, one male and one female must be present.
2. There must be at least one female and one male on the court at all times.
Rule 4. CONDUCT OF PLAYERS
A. If a player receives two technical fouls in one game, he/she will be ejected from the game.
B. Any team, which receives three disciplinary technical fouls in one game, will automatically forfeit the game, and be suspended from play until they appear before the Advisory Board or the Assistant Director of Intramurals.