Membership to the Herbert Wellness Center is open to the University community and their spouses and dependents. Contact the sales office at 305-284-5433 or via .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for more information.

Am I eligible to purchase a membership?

UM students, faculty, staff, alumni (minimum 15 credits), retirees, Citizens Board members and the Board of Trustees as well as their spouses/same-sex partners and dependents are eligible to join.

Note: Faculty and staff of the Miller School of Medicine must join the UHealth Fitness and Wellness Center at the Miller School of Medicine but have membership reciprocity at the Herbert Wellness Center.

I’m ready to sign up!

If you meet the eligibility requirements and this is your first time joining the Herbert Wellness Center, you must visit the sales office located on the second floor of the Herbert Wellness Center. The sales office is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and is closed on official University holidays.

If you come to the sales office during non-operating hours, please sign-in and pay as a guest at the front desk. We will credit up to three guest fee towards the purchase of your membership, provided you join within seven days of purchasing the guest pass(es). 

If you want to renew a current or expired membership, call the sales office at 305-284-5433.

What do I need to bring with me to enroll?

You must be able to prove eligibility based on your membership category:

  • Faculty and Staff: University issued identification (‘Cane) card
  • Alumni: UM diploma or Alumni Association membership card and a photo ID.
  • Citizens Board: Citizens Board membership card and a photo ID.
  • Board of Trustee member: University issued ‘Cane card or a photo ID and confirmation of BOT status.
  • Retiree: UM retiree ‘Cane card
  • UM Students: University issued ‘Cane card
  • Spouse/ domestic partner: Legal spouse of a University student, faculty, staff, retiree, alumnus, trustee, or Citizen’s Board member. Photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, is required. If the last name is not the same as the primary member, then a copy of the marriage certificate is required. Domestic partners may also join by completing a Verification of Domestic Partnership form at the Sales Office. Photo ID is required. Individual memberships must be purchased before a spouse or domestic partner can join.
  • Dependents:  Birth certificate, driver’s license, or state of Florida ID card. If dependent child’s last name is not the same as the primary member, then a copy of the member’s marriage certificate or court papers proving adoption or legal guardianship is also required. Note: dependent is defined as an unmarried child 26 years of age or younger who is financially dependent and living at home or away at school.
What are my payment options?

All members can pay for their membership with cash, check, credit card, or electronic funds transfer (bring a cancelled check). Faculty and staff have the additional option of paying for their membership through open-ended payroll deduction.