IBIS News is a weekly electronic newsletter that provides a brief synopsis of campus information, news announcements and events targeted to UM students. IBIS News is distributed by the Division of Student Affairs via UM's MS Exchange email system to all students every Wednesday morning (except holidays).
Faculty, staff, administrators and students are encouraged to submit items to IBIS News , which are then edited and distributed by the IBIS News editorial staff. IBIS News contains links to UM web sites whenever possible to obtain additional information. Please note submissions are included once in the main portion of IBIS News and once in the "Reminder" section.
IBIS News Policy
Ibis News is distributed every Wednesday during the academic year. All information (one-paragraph briefs) must be submitted by Friday at 5 p.m. for possible inclusion in the following Wednesday's edition.
Guidelines for Submissions
What to Submit?
- News specifically targeting students
- Large scale university-wide programs
- Important events, programs, resources and services
- Opportunities for student involvement
- You may also send digital pictures to accompany your story in jpeg format, under 1MB in size
What Not to Submit…
- Regularly scheduled club meetings
- Events that are not open to students
- Non-University Events
- Outside advertising
- Recruitment information for classes
If you want to advertise a specific date for a program or event, please use the University ‘Canes Calendar, www.miami.edu/calendar
What to include in your submission?
- Announcement Title/Headline
- Dates and/or deadlines (if applicable)
- Time (if applicable)
- Location (if applicable)
- Cost (if applicable)
- Sign up or RSVP required?
- Web Address
- Person/Department to contact for additional information (make sure to include name, department/organization, phone and email)
- All submissions must include a brief paragraph. Please provide enough details to be clear, concise and interesting!
Please spell-check and fact-check items before sending them. Please note that supplier is not responsible for the content of material found through a link to another page. Note* Editor reserves the right to edit all material submitted. For additional information, please contact IBIS News at, email@example.com