So you want to start a new student organization? It's easy! Students interested in starting a new organization can do so by following the attached guidelines for registering a new student organization
. Registering your organization with the Committee on Student Organizations is the way to go and gives you many privileges! Check them out…
- Recognition as a University affiliated organization and tax-exempt status.
- Assistance with organizational issues and program planning.
- An up-to-date organization file maintained by the Committee on Student Organizations.
- Listing on the electronic database of registered organizations and CANEctions.
- Listing on the Department of Student Activities and Student Organizations web site.
- For small fee use of Smith-Tucker Involvement Center resources.
- Use of University Center facilities and equipment at no cost.
- Use of University Center banner space at no cost.
- Ability to promote the organization and its activities on campus.
- Ability to publicize events on the University's Calendar of Events on the web.
- Eligibility to open an account through the University Controller's Office.
- Eligibility to apply for funding through the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee.
- Discounted rates to advertise in The Miami Hurricane. Ability to participate in campus wide events.
- Eligibility to apply for a web site account.
- Eligibility to apply for an email account.
- Eligibility to apply for a Student Organization Achievement and Recognition (SOAR) award.
- Eligibility to participate in Rumble in the Green, Canefest, and the Spring Involvement Fair.