So you want to start a new student organization? It's easy! Students interested in starting a new organization can do so by filling out the “New Student Organization Interest Packet” located on the COSO Database. Go to www.miami.edu/myumgroups
and go the COSO web portal and click on “Forms”. Registering your organization with the Committee on Student Organizations is the way to go and gives you many privileges! Check them out……
- Assistance with organizational issues and program planning.
- An up-to-date organization file maintained by the Committee on Student Organizations.
- Listing on the electronic database of registered organizations.
- Listing on the Department of Student Activities and Student Organizations web site.
- Use of Student Center Complex facilities and equipment at no cost.
- Use of Student Center Complex banner space at no cost.
- Ability to promote the organization and its activities on campus.
- Ability to publicize events on the University's Calendar of Events on the web.
- Eligibility to open an account through the University Controller's Office.
- Eligibility to apply for funding through the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee.
- Discounted rates to advertise in The Miami Hurricane. Ability to participate in campus wide events.
- Eligibility to apply for a web site account.
- Eligibility to apply for an email account.
- Eligibility to apply for a Student Organization Achievement and Recognition (SOAR) award.
- Eligibility to participate in Rumble in the Green, Canefest, and the Spring Involvement Fair.