The University Center Swimming Pool is a double-Olympic sized (50 meters x 25 yards) outdoor pool located beside the Patio. Heated to 80-82°F year-round, the pool offers short-course lap lanes, low-board diving area, and of course a great deck for sunning, studying, or listening to music while enjoying the beautiful weather.
Admission is by 'Cane Card access only:
- Current UM Students: Free
- Current UM Faculty/Staff: Free
- Alumni: May purchase $300 annual pass or $5 single-day admission
- Family Members of UM Students, Staff, Faculty: May purchase $380 annual pass or $5 single-day admission
- Guests of Any of the Above: $5 single-day admission
Lockers are available for an annual rental fee of $80.00 each, the fee is reduced to $40.00 after January 1,2014. Supplies such as sunblock, goggles, and towels are sold at the pool front desk.
All annual passes and all locker rentals expire May 15 each year.
The pool is also home to the UM Swimming and Diving teams
. In addition to the UM teams, the Hurricane Aquatics program offers anyone an opportunity to be trained by professional coaches. Learn-to-Swim, Master's Swimming, and age-grouped Diving programs all draw hundreds of people a year to the pool.
For more information on these specialized programs, phone (305)284-4713.
Hours of Operation
Closed for upgrades.
COMING SPRING SEMESTER 2016: A RENOVATED UNIVERSITY CENTER POOL!