The Butler Center for Service and Leadership strives to support
initiatives in the community pioneered by UM students. If you or your
organization has a new community service project, the Butler Center
encourages you to apply for funding to support your endeavors! The maximum
amount for funding request is $250. Up to five grants will be awarded each
Download the application.
In order to qualify for funding, student projects must meet the following
- Applicants must be enrolled as University of Miami students
during the period of the project.
- Only volunteer projects are eligible. Any project for which
participating students will receive wages, salaries, a stipend, or
academic credit is not eligible for funding.
- All projects must have a University of Miami faculty or staff
project advisor. Peers and/or persons with no University
affiliation cannot be project advisors.
- Preference will be given to applicants demonstrating long-term
commitment to a project.
- Projects must benefit the Miami-Dade County.
- To access funds, recipients will submit invoices or receipts
for reimbursement, or a University donation account number.
Reimbursements will be accepted one year from the date of the
- Projects must be implemented and completed within one year
after the funding is received.
- A final report must be submitted within two weeks of project
completion. The report should be limited to no more than three typed
pages and should include the project name and a succinct
description of the project's status. Attach a separate sheet
itemizing how the Community Service Mini-Grant was used along with
all receipts. The final report should address the following issues:
- Achievement of the proposed goals
- Description of the completed project
- Impact the project had on the students involved, the sponsoring
organization and the population served
- All data collected to measure project success as indicated in the
- Photos of the project and participants, if possible
- Examples of uses of mini-grant funds include supplies, food,
- All requested documentation and signatures must be
included with the application for consideration by the Butler Center
Student Advisory Board.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. For more information about the
Community Service Mini-Grant program, please contact the Butler Center at
305-284-4483 or email@example.com