ACC Student Leadership Symposium
- With delegations from each of the 12 Atlantic Coast Conference colleges and universities in attendance, the annual ACC Student Leadership Symposium - funded by the Athletic Coast Conference Inter-institutional Academic Collaborative - is designed to develop a community of ACC undergraduate students who understand the relationship between global and local issues and work collaboratively to create innovative initiatives that advance students’ capacity for global leadership. Students from each participating university will be grouped with peers from their fellow ACC schools for the duration of the conference.
- April 5-7, 2013
- Applications Due: January 23, 2013
- Interviews: January 24-27, 2013
Diversity Leadership Retreat
- The Diversity Leadership Retreat will provide an opportunity for students to discuss diversity, social justice, inclusive environments, multiculturalism, leadership and so much more. Participants will be inspired and equipped with strategies for success, lessons on leadership, and practical skills that will be helpful in navigating our global society. For more information, please contact Multicultural Student Affairs at 305-284-2855
I.M.P.A.C.T. (Individuals Maximizing Potential and Creating Tomorrows)
- I.M.P.A.C.T.(Individuals Maximizing Potential And Creating Tomorrows) is a weekend leadership retreat where carefully selected emerging leaders begin to define and identify what it will take to recognize their potential. Through leadership development activities, team-building exercises, leadership style assessments, networking and more, participants begin to learn and practice the skills and concepts needed to be the best leader that they can be. For many, I.M.P.A.C.T. is the launching point and catalyst for their future success.
- The LeaderShape Institute is open to freshman and sophomore students who are interested in producing extraordinary results while also developing a commitment to lead with a high level of integrity. It is a unique opportunity for Canes to interact with others from other South Florida university/college campuses and to focus on developing in the key leadership issues of vision, partnerships, integrity, results, reflection, and personal growth. Each student who participates in LeaderShape is encouraged to embrace “a healthy disregard for the impossible” and to create a vision of something that he or she would like to see developed, changed, or improved in his or her campus or community. Upon returning to campus after completing LeaderShape, participants continue to work toward making their visions become realities.
- 2013 Application
- Leadership Summit is a one-day professional conference for UM students which increases awareness of real world leadership concepts and emphasizes the development of one’s leadership potential. Leadership Summit provides an opportunity for personal growth, knowledge acquisition, and skill development through keynote presentations and breakout sessions that focus on relevant issues students face as leaders at UM, in their communities, and in society. Facilitated by UM staff, faculty and local community leaders, the breakout sessions cover a wide variety of interest area tracks including: leadership development for emerging to advanced leaders; diversity; Greek life; student organization development; civic engagement and service; women and leadership; campus-wide programming; and student government.
Leadership Summit will be held on February 2, 2012
New Leaders’ Conference
- The New Leaders’ Conference is designed to help the newly elected officials of each student organization adjust to the upcoming year of activites and events ahead of them.
- Senior Reflections is a capstone seminar offered in the Spring which provides an opportunity for graduating students to reflect upon their past leadership roles and how the experiences have contributed to their development as well as bring closure to their college experience. The course was originally created by Dr. Patricia A. Whitely, the Vice President of Student Affairs.
Women’s Leadership Symposium
- The Women’s Leadership Symposium serves as a forum for women at the University of Miami to engage and interact with empowered women leaders in our community. Through a variety of workshops based on business and entrepreneurship, entertainment, medicine, leadership development, and more, we the day-to-day triumphs and challenges women face in the professional sphere. Our ultimate goal is to aid in the development of a sense of empowerment through awareness of our individual identities, specifically those aspects based on gender.