- Dance Marathon (DM) is a misnomer because the event no longer focuses on students dancing, but rather on students standing in a symbolic gesture to signify the hardships that the children and families endure. "We stand on our feet for those who can't." Dance Marathon celebrates a year of fundraising for the Miami Children's Hospital and ends with a celebration of the people who have fundraised, the hospital, and the children who have been treated there.
- Executive Board Application - Freshmen
- Committee Application
- Earth Alert is an environmental group which focuses on issues affecting the student body, such as recycling and energy conservation. We work to educate the campus community about environmental issues and encourage environmental practices on campus. Earth Alert's main activities revolve around volunteering; however, members have the opportunity to participate in several nature outings and picnics to appreciate our world, as we work to make it better.
- FunDay is a day when mentally challenged citizens from around the greater Miami area visit the campus and participate in a day of various events with students from the University of Miami.
Habitat for Humanity
- The University of Miami chapter of Habitat for Humanity works in coordination with the Habitat for Humanity Chapter of Greater Miami. We organize build dates, where UM students are able to put their hard work into making a home for people less fortunate than themselves. In addition, the UM chapter of Habitat holds fundraising and awareness events throughout the school year.
- The purpose of Invisible Children (IC) is to raise awareness and empower the students of the University of Miami campus to create real and lasting changes for child soldiers facing dire circumstances throughout the world. Invisible Children strives to shed light on the various escalating issues surrounding the use of children in armed conflict. Invisible Children will inform and galvanize the University of Miami community into action about these significant global issues.
Kids & Culture
- Through interactive workshops and campus visits to the University of Miami, Kids and Culture (KnC) works with 8th graders in Miami-Dade County to promote the idea that college is attainable for any person, regardless of ethnicity or socio-economic status.
The National Society of Leadership and Success
- The National Society of Leadership and Success was founded to help individuals discover and achieve their aspirations, promote friendship and create lasting positive change. The Society encourages community action, volunteerism, personal growth and strong leadership. Our core philosophy is that students can achieve their desired professional and personal goals with proper support from each other.
"Helping You Make a Difference, In your Life and in the Greater Community"
Random Acts of Kindness
- Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) is an organization dedicated to brightening students' lives by performing random acts of kindness, examples of these acts include Hug the Lake and Appreciation Days.
Relay for Life
- Relay for Life (Relay) is a fun-filled event designed to celebrate survivorship and raise money to help the American Cancer Society save lives, help those who have been touched by cancer, and empower individuals to fight back against the disease.
Strong Women, Strong Girls
- Strong Women, Strong Girls is a nationally recognized mentoring program dedicated to raising the aspirations and self-esteem of elementary school girls. The program connects girls with college women and puts them on the path from the classroom to the boardroom—or any other path they choose to take. Our program spans the east coast serving women and girls in Boston, Massachusetts; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Miami, Florida. Strong Women, Strong Girls is building a movement that creates cycles of mutual empowerment for women and girls who are committed to positive social change.
Students for Education Reform
- The University of Miami chapter of Students For Education Reform is an extension of the national nonprofit creating a powerful student organizing body for education reform, and working with parents, legislators and community members demanding change in a system that currently fails millions of students. SFER raises awareness of the achievement gap through campaigns on campus, as well as organizing events such as speakers, film screenings, discussions and info sessions.
Students Together Ending Poverty/Hands for the Homeless
- The purpose of Students Together Ending Poverty (STEP/H4H) is to promote education and awareness of poverty issues on campus and throughout the community, to make a difference through thoughtful action and meaningful service, and to initiate positive change.
- The purpose of LINK is to provide a unified voice for campus-wide community service that encourages students to 'take the first step' and redefines them as a group committed to social change. LINK facilitates student involvement in volunteering within the larger Miami community through Feel-Good Fridays and Service Saturdays.
- Instead of taking part in more traditional Spring and Fall Break activities, UM Alternative Breaks participants volunteer their time in locations across the country. From Los Angeles to New Orleans, past trips have included assisting with HIV/AIDS programs, children's issues, environmental clean-up, and rebuilding/reconstruction projects. By encouraging participation in endeavors designed to give back to the community, UMAB is dedicated to helping students become catalysts for social change.
- Fall Break Participant Application
UM H.E.A.R.T.S. (Helping Encourage Advocacy and Research Through Service)
- H.E.A.R.T.S. (Helping Encourage Advocacy and Research Through Service) aims to provide pre-medical and biological science students with an opportunity to obtain service hours,clinical volunteering and physician shadowing experience. All HEARTS members will become CPR/AED certified.
- Application available soon!
- UM Hearts
- University of Miami International Outreach, formerly known as Canes International Outreach, is a service group dedicated to serving our international community. We strive to provide both service and funds for the community while enabling ourselves to gain an appreciation and understanding of a different culture and to understand that by serving others, we help ourselves as well. We, have, conducted, two, successful trips to San Lucas, Guatemala over the, summer. We have worked on a variety of different projects some of which are medically based and others which are service initiatives related to construction and, reforestation.
Up 'Til Dawn