The Service and Leadership Liaison position collaborates with The Butler Center for Service and
Leadership, The Department of Housing and Residential Life and The Department of Orientation and
Commuter Student Involvement at the University of Miami. The Service and Leadership Liaisons (SLLs)
are appointed to establish connections with Community Partners and student organizations to provide
service and leadership opportunities for housing and residential communities and commuter students.
Throughout the year, SLLs have the opportunity to learn about pertinent social issues affecting
South Florida, develop their leadership skills and identities and create service programming
that create positive impacts within their community.
Expectations, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Serve as an advocate for all Butler Center programs and activities
- SLLs must attend weekly meetings with the Butler Center staff on Tuesdays from 6:30pm-7:30pm
- SLLs must be a current resident of the building they are representing
- SLLs will serve as an advocate for service and leadership endeavors
- SLLs will establish relationships with Community Partners
- SLLs will support the efforts of various Butler Center programs and events and encourage participant engagement at these programs
- SLLs will coordinate at least one direct service event during the spring semester
- SLLs will stay educated on Butler Center events and relay information during College Council and Commuter meetings or during regular tabling efforts
- SLLs will work together cohesively with a partner from their same community
- If living on campus, SLLs will report to their respective College Council each week and follow the expectations of a council member which include, but are not limited to, attendance, helping with council programs and events, etc.
- Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate student during the
2016-2017 academic year
- Must be a current resident of a first-year community or a first-year
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0
- Previous programming and event planning experience
- Experience in coordinating service projects
- Willingness and passion to get involved with Butler Center programs
- A strong desire to lead others through service
Download the Application
Applications are due to the Butler Center by Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 5
p.m. to the Butler Center.