Marine Mammal Stranding Team
- The MMST dedicates itself to the enrichment and education of students and the public through rescues, rehabilitations and releases of marine mammals. MMST is a volunteer organization that adds to student life by providing education to students through marine related activities such as beach clean-ups, snorkeling, and trips to marine facilities. Through participation in MMST, members gain knowledge of the marine environment as well as create social links with their peers.
- No Zebras is a co-ed peer sexual assault awareness group that educates the campus and community through passive and interactive awareness programs and events. The mission of No Zebras is to cultivate a campus culture where students are empowered to take a stand against all forms of sexual violence and to ultimately eliminate sexual violence from the UM campus and society at large. No Zebras assists in the coordination of Sexual Assault Awareness Week (held annually in April) and Take Back the Night and provides support to the SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) education team at UM.
- Project Sunshine is a national organization whose main purpose is to bring smiles to hospital patients who suffer from loneliness and pain. Project Sunshine’s University of Miami chapter provides UM students with the opportunity to volunteer at Miami Children’s Hospital as “Bedside Buddies.” “Bedside Buddies” volunteer once a week for two and a half hours at the hospital. They are equipped with board games, cards, arts & crafts, and other fun activities that can make a child’s stay at the hospital more enjoyable.
Rotaract Club of UM
- Rotaract is a Rotary International sponsored service club. Through the Rotaract program, young adults not only augment their knowledge and skills, but they also address the physical and social needs of their communities while promoting international understanding and peace through a framework of friendship and service. Service Above Self!
- The purpose of the Surfrider Club is to promote student awareness and active involvement in the protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans, waves, and beaches. The objectives of the Surfrider Club shall be to recognize the need for active protection of the oceans, by promoting awareness to University of Miami students/faculty, as well as the rest of the South Florida community. The Surfrider Club will accomplish this through conservation, activism, research, and education.
Yellow Rose Society
- Yellow Rose Society is a community service organization at the University of Miami. As young minority women who recognize the need for change, the Yellow Rose Society strives to promote female pride by self-enrichment and social education. Every year, Yellow Rose Society demonstrates this goal through the annual production of Genesis, a play that spreads awareness about a wide array of women’s issues.