Thank you for your interest in volunteering! One of the services that the Butler Center for Service and Leadership provides is helping connect UM students to volunteer opportunities. In order for our office to best serve you, please follow the steps outlined below:
Watch the Butler Center Tutorial
for an introduction to volunteering in Miami. This tutorial will educate you about the social issues in the Miami-Dade area, the history behind these issues, how you can help, and the resources the Butler Center provides.
Take the Butler Center Tutorial Quiz
to review what you learned in the Tutorial.
- Come into the Butler Center for Service and Leadership (UC 240) to take the quiz.
- Answer each question to the best of your ability.
- The Butler Center Staff (Placement Assistant) will reveiw your quiz.
Fill out the Interest & Skills Assessment
so that we can better assist you in finding a suitable volunteer opportunity.
- This assessment is available at the Butler Center in UC 240.
- A Placement Assistant will search for volunteer opportunities that match the skills and interests that you've indicated.
- If a Placement Assistant is not able to help you immediately, or if you do not have time to wait, leave your Assessment with the Placement Assistant and he/she will contact you by e-mail within 48 hours with suggested volunteer opportunities.
Lead and Serve!
- Contact the suggested agency or agencies to begin volunteering.
- A Placement Assistant will follow up with you in one to two weeks about your volunteer experience.
- Please do not hesitate to contact our office with questions or feedback about this process or your volunteer experience.