Student Rights & Responsibilities Handbook
Academic Resources & Calendar
Student Health Services
- Academic Calendar
- Spring 2012 Classes Begin – August 22nd
- Spring 2012 last day to add courses – August 31st
- Spring 2012 last day to drop a course without a "W" – September 7th
- Last day to drop a course- October 25th
- Deadline to apply for Spring 2012 graduation – October 5th
- Spring 2012 Commencement – December 13th
Financial Assistance Resources
- Fall 2012 deadline to waive health insurance – July 25th
- Spring 2013 deadline to waive health insurance - January 25th
- April 25th for Summer I, and June 25th for Summer II
Housing & Residential Life
- Professional Judgment Form
- Multicultural Student Affairs Book Loan
- Other Financial Assistance Forms
- Preferred Filing Dates to complete the FAFSA:
- Freshmen: Feb. 1
- Continuing: Feb. 1
- Transfers: March 1
- Graduates: March 1
- It's time to file your 2012-2013 FAFSA for financial assistance.
- The preferred date to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is February 1 for Undergraduate students and March1 for Graduate and Doctoral students.
We recommend that you file as early as possible.
- Remember, students who want to be considered for need-based financial aid, such as the Federal Pell Grant, the Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan, and University of Miami Grant opportunities must apply every year. Students applying after the preferred date will be awarded on a funds available basis.
- Complete your FAFSA through FAFSA on the Web at http://www.fafsa.gov You will need to have your Personal Identification Number (PIN) ready to sign the FAFSA when you complete it. If you have forgotten your PIN you can request or create a new one at www.pin.ed.gov
- Fall Semester:
- 2012 Fall Semester Housing Move-in for New Students:
Wednesday, August 15th from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Last name begins with "A" through "F"
Wednesday, August 15th from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. - Last name begins with "G" through "O"
Thursday, August 16th from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Last name begins with "P" through "Z"
- 2012 Fall Semester Housing Move-in for Returning Students:
Friday, August 17th from 8:00 a.m. through the first day of classes - Wednesday, August 22nd by 5:00 p.m.
- Spring Semester 2013:
- 2013 Spring Session Housing Available Wednesday, January 9th
- Deadline to make changes to 2010-2011 Meal Plan – end of the first week of class.
Office of Disability Services
- Deadline for New Students to apply for Admissions - Fall 2013:
- Early Decision & Early Action – November 1
- Regular Decision – January 15
- Deadline to pay enrollment deposit for Fall 2013:
- Early Decision – January 15
- Early Action & Regular Decision – May 1
Parking & Transportation
- Apply for Accommodations - schedule an appointment by calling ODS at 305-284-2374.
- Deadline to apply for accommodations for Fall 2011
- Supporting clinical documentation must be submitted to ODS in advance of the semester to determine appropriate services and accommodations
- Requests for note-taking accommodations must be made to ODS prior to the end of the drop/add period for each semester
- Requests for exam accommodations must be filed each semester by the deadline posted by ODS (5 days prior to the date of the exam)
- Temporary Disabilities: