Founded in 1967 by University of Miami international students.
- To promote and defend the interests of all international students and organizations.
- To integrate international students with campus life, and the community where possible.
- To provide cultural and social activates for all students.
- To name and nominate official representatives of this Council to all University of Miami committees as requested.
- To assist all international students and organizations on campus that so requests it, in coordinating and harmonizing their campus activities.
- To help interested international groups to organize and become registered as approved organizations at the University of Miami.
- To provide services and information to the University and the student body.
- To refrain from sponsoring any political ideas or activates emanating from outside campus issues.
All University of Miami international students are automatically members of COISO. By participating in COISO meetings and events, you will get to know international students from over 110 countries and ensure that COISO provides the types of services and activities that meet your needs and interests as an international student at UM. For additional information and for dates of upcoming COISO meetings/events, email email@example.com
The University of Miami has over 30 cultural student clubs including the Chinese Students and Scholars Association, the Indian Student Association, and the Alliance for Latin American Students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information on international organizations at UM.
University of Miami
Student Activities Center (SAC), Suite 210B
Coral Gables, FL 33124-6921
Phone: (305) 284-3548
Facebook group: COISO
Annual COISO Programs
Daytrips to Disney and the Everglades:
A one-day trip in the Fall and Spring semesters for all international students to these famous Florida sites. These trips have been taking place for the last four years so that international students may experience fun Florida attractions.
International Dance Competition:
A new event as of 2008, international students and international organizations participate in this fun event and enjoy some friendly competition. Takes place in the Spring semester on the Coral Gables campus University Center Patio stage.
International Student Olympics:
A new event as of 2008, international students and international organizations participate in a day of fun and unusual sports such as pie-eating contests, tug of war, etc. Takes place in the Spring semester in the Coral Gables campus Intramural Fields.
COISO's oldest and most famous tradition, this week-long fun and educational celebration provides international students and international organizations with an opportunity to share their culture with the University of Miami community, celebrating one region of the world one day at a time. International Week culminates with a banquet and awards ceremony. Takes place in the Spring semester on the Coral Gables campus University Center Patio.
Mr. & Ms. International:
This fun pageant and talent show began in 2003 and includes participation by international students and international organizations. The winners of this competition represent the international student body for the entire year. Takes place in the Fall semester in the Coral Gables campus University Center International Lounge
United Nations Day:
In 1947, the UN General Assembly declared October 24 the anniversary of the Charter of the United Nations, as which "shall be devoted to making known to the peoples of the world the aims and achievements of the United Nations and to gaining their support for" its work. UN Day has traditionally been marked at UM with exhibits about the achievements and goals of the organization. Takes place in October on the Coral Gables campus University Center Patio.
Below is a list of all international organizations at the University of Miami: