The organization was established during Fall 2011 semester and is recognized by the Council of Student Organizations (COSO).
The mission of the Veteran Students Organization (VSO) is to bring military veterans together in order to foster fellowship and mentoring among those attending the University of Miami.
The goals of the VSO are to:
- Support Military Veterans at the University of Miami.
- Share information on topics such as academic success, financial stability, educational benefits, and Veterans Administration (VA) policies and procedures.
- Educate the UM community on veteran issues.
- Establish a network of veterans to mentor incoming veteran students.
- Provide service within the surrounding community, especially to disabled veterans in the Miami VA Healthcare System.
For more information on upcoming activities or how to become involved, please email us:
Veteran Students Organization
COSO Database: http://um.collegiatelink.net/organization/VSO
Valentine's Day cards program for disabled veterans at the VA hospital.
VSO members at President Obama's speech at UM.
Members delivering cards to disabled veterans at the Miami VA Hospital