HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
To schedule an appointment, call 305-284-5511 or stop by our office. There are two ways to access services from the Counseling Center:
- You may schedule an initial appointment (intake).
- We make every effort to see students requesting an initial appointment within two weeks.
- During the fall and spring semesters we offer limited same-day intakes that are on a first come/call, first served basis. Same-day intakes open up for scheduling at 8:45 am the day of the intake and cannot be scheduled any further in advance.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time in order to complete the clinic paperwork.
- When you come in for your initial appointment, you will meet with a counselor for 50 minutes to discuss your concerns and develop a treatment plan.
- You may request an immediate brief assessment (triage).
- You will meet with the first available counselor for a 20-30 minute assessment.
- You will discuss your needs and identify the next steps in your care.
Please have your C Number available upon contacting our office.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY OR GO TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM.
MENTAL HEALTH SCREENING PROGRAM