FACULTY REGALIA ORDERS AND RSVP
Commencement is a special time for our graduates and guests. The participation of members of the faculty emphasizes the value and importance of the guidance, leadership and support given to our students.
Rental regalia is free for all faculty. The deadline to order is October 16th by 5PM. Please visit www.miami.edu/capandgown
to order. To purchase custom regalia, please contact the Office of Commencement at (305) 284-1824
Faculty may participate in the commencement ceremonies in the following ways:
- Grand Marshal (Stage Party)
This faculty member is selected by the Provost to carry the academic mace and lead the Academic Procession. The Grand Marshal will be seated on stage.
- Academic Banner Marshal (Stage Party)
These faculty members are invited by the dean to carry the school or college banners and are part of the Academic Procession. Banner Marshals are seated on stage as representatives of their school or college.
- Faculty Marshals (Stage Party)
These faculty members are invited by the dean to be part of the President’s Procession and be seated on stage as representatives of their school or college.
- General Faculty
All faculty are encouraged to participate in Commencement. General Faculty process with the Academic Procession and are seated with the candidates for graduation.
- Dissertation Advisors
These faculty members are part of the Academic Procession and will process in and be seated with their doctoral candidates. Advisors with multiple doctoral candidates should be seated together as a group. This procession leaves 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of the ceremony so it is important that the advisors and candidates arrive at the scheduled time.
FORMATION OF PROCESSIONS FOR CANDIDATES AND FACULTY
The Academic Procession consists of the candidates for the degrees, participating general faculty and dissertation advisors, Grand Marshal, Academic Banner Marshals, and alumni representatives. The Academic Procession will enter the BankUnited Center, led by the Grand Marshal, fifteen minutes prior to the ceremony start time.
- General Faculty will assemble in the Hurricane-100 Room at the BankUnited Center one hour before the start of your ceremony.
- Stage Party faculty will assemble in the Fieldhouse Multipurpose Room one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Dissertation Advisors will assemble in the Graduate Lineup area at the Fieldhouse Practice Facility one hour prior to the start time of the ceremony. Dissertation Advisors should be seated with their doctoral candidate.
Note: The academic procession will enter the commencement site fifteen minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
Visit the ceremony schedule page