The best way to prevent the loss or theft of your cell phone is to keep it with you at all times.

If you find that your cell phone is lost or stolen while you are on the Coral Gables campus, you must have the following information before a police report can be filed:

1. The name of your cellular service provider.

2. The Electronic Serial Number (ESN) of your cellular phone.

3, The make and model of your cellular phone.

Without this information an officer will not be allowed to write a report for you. Once you have gathered all of this information, call the UM Police Department at 305-284-6666 to file a report. If you are on campus, an officer will be sent to your location. If you are off campus, you will be directed to the UM Police Department offices.