The Real Estate department is responsible for the acquisition of strategic assets, management of University owned property, and disposition of surplus gifted real and personal property. The department manages an extensive portfolio of commercial office, clinical, warehouse, and residential leases.
Our mission is to provide quality, responsive service, which includes the execution of favorable economic outcomes for the University’s strategic and practical real estate needs. This encompasses acquisitions, dispositions of surplus or gifted (real and personal) assets, leasing, and property management.
Among the services and administrative functions performed by the RE department are the following:
- Real Estate searches, purchases, valuation, terms and conditions, due diligence, and closing.
- Manages select properties owned and operated by UM
- Manages all University Leaseholds
- Manages and maintains all UM real estate transaction files
- Administers real property tax matters, including tax exemptions, non- exempt assessments and payments
- Manages and leases University owned property rented to third parties including commercial offices, roof-top telecommunications, houses, and faculty townhouses
- Evaluates proposed gifted real and personal property for eventual disposition, markets and sells property deemed surplus
- Reports and maintains data on real estate activities
All real estate inquires should be directed to the Real Estate department.