• Provide accurately, timely and efficient accounting, analytical and financial reporting services for several departments collaborating in the Real Estate and Facilities Division
• Deliver accurate and timely reports to Senior Administration and Board of Trustees
• Monitor, track and access accounting systems in support of internal departments.
• Seek alternative best practices to reduce and streamline accounting and reporting processes.
• Support the Real Estate & Facilities division in processes Improvement projects.
Construction projects at the University of Miami campus are under the purview of the Facilities Design and Construction Department.
Facilities Financial Management supports Facilities Design & Construction in providing accounting services
and works closely with the Project Managers, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Controller’s Office, Budget Office and Medical Finance to ensure that the University’s policies and procedures are followed for construction projects. The office processes, tracks, and reports all project purchase orders, invoices, journal entries and tax savers as well as all departmental expenses.
Facilities Financial Services (FFS) manages accounting and billing for Facilities Management including energy, utilities, environmental services, materials management and other related. FSS works closely with Facilities Design and Construction in support of accounts payable functions related to construction projects. The unit also supports Energy/Utility Management reporting and analysis.
To learn more about Facilities Charge-Backs and general information regarding charges for energy, utilities, custodial and grounds services.
Utility charges and their object codes include
3836- Coral Gables Sewer
Budget Manager (t/b/a) manages operating capital and budgetary functions. Data custodian for parking permit system (PIDMS), monitoring of financial and vendor contracts, manages sourced services. Administers long-term financial planning including debt service schedules, equipment reserve budget, plant funds, operational strategies, process improvement initiatives and performance metrics.
Manages operating, capital and budgetary functions, including vendor contracts and services. Administers of long-term financial planning, equipment reserve budget, and operational strategies.