About Us
The Access Control Shop works with the University of Miami Police Department (UMPD) to ensure the University’s assets and property on the Coral Gables campus and Gables One Tower are secured. Access Control is divided into two areas of operation: electronic access for both interior and exterior doors (refer to policy/procedures for definitions) and traditional locksmith services.  We are also responsible for granting electronic access, as well as for the repair and maintenance of electronic mechanisms, development of locking plans, new installations, issuance and duplication of metal keys and repair and maintenance of traditional locking mechanisms. For examples of routine academic funded and non-funded services, please visit Facilities Customer Service .

For an access emergency please contact UMPD 305.284.6666 or Facilities Customer Service at 305.284.8282.

To report any non-emergency issues regarding access into a University space on the Coral Gables campus, or to place an access related request, please submit an online service request. This request will be timely processed by our Facilities Customer Service department.

The safety and security of the University’s physical space and assets is a shared responsibility of all members of the University community, including students, faculty, staff, and other designated individuals (UM Affiliates).

Registered students automatically are granted access to the libraries, pool and other common areas on the Coral Gables Campus.  If you encounter problems accessing any of these areas, please refer to Cane Card .  The Office of Housing and Residential Life is responsible for providing access to Resident Students. Students will only be granted access to their assigned living spaces and their Cane Cards will register invalid if a student attempts to enter a different residential building. For more information please reference Housing and Residential Life.

The University has established an access control policy to address the design, administration and management of access to University facilities. Right of entry privileges are granted by University administrators and the Access Control Shop based on the specific needs and requirements of the University and the key/card holder.

Please see the table below for a list of CSGOLD services and the responsible departments.

CSGOLD Services Responsible Department Contact Information
CSGOLD System Administration: Manage MYUM interfaces to CaneCard, Pharmacy Equipment, Point of Sale Support, Server Support and Maintenance Applications Development 305-284-5213
Account Creation and Setup, Capacity Planning location Applications Development/Facilities Access Control 305-284-6565 / 305-284-8282
Cane Card Access Control, new installations and maintenance of electronic access and locks, location setup and configuration. Facilities Access Control 305-284-8282
Cane Card ID Issuance and Replacement Cane Card 305-284-3096
Meal Plan and Dining Dollars Issues Dining and Auxillary Services 305-284-3584
Residential College Access Housing & Residential Life 305-284-4505
Cane Express Deposits Student Accounts 305-284-6430
Express Account Balancing Treasury Operations 305-284-1667
Wellness Membership ID Management Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center 305-284-5433
Transactional and Validation Device Support and Maintenance Information Technology 305-284-5213

CSGold Services printable version

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center grants memberships to University of Miami students, faculty, staff, alumni(minimum 15 credits), retirees, Citizens Board members, Board of Trustees as well as their spouses/ partners and dependents. Access to the Wellness Center for students and employees is programmed directly onto their Cane Card by Wellness Center staff. University affiliates are provided with a membership card that is issued directly by the Wellness Center and only allows admittance to their facilities. 

Please click on the appropriate links below for FAQs:
Faculty & Staff
UM Affiliates

Getting Started:
To request building access services, please contact your liaisons to initiate the process.