What is Carpooling?
The basic definition: when two or more people ride together in the same vehicle to commute to work or school.
What Carpooling Means for You: A Less Expensive Commute!
Carpools can use the HOV lane where available, which means your commute time is greatly reduced. However, in Miami-Dade County, the 95 Express Lanes replaced the HOV lane in December 2008 with Phase 1A of construction - northbound lanes only, between I-195 and the Golden Glades interchange.
How Do You Save?
Team up with at least one other person for the drive to work and cut your commute costs. The more people in your carpool, the lower your expense! Save money either by dividing commute expenses by the number of people pooling, or by rotating driving responsibilities every week or so. Remember, you can start off by trying it only a few days a week!
Think of all the benefits:
* Much lower commute costs (to figure out how much you’re currently spending on your commute, go to the cost calculator.
* FREE enrollment in the Emergency Ride Home Program.
* Carpools can use the HOV lane, which means your commute time is greatly reduced.
* Fewer cars on the road reduces pollution and congestion.
* Get started Carpooling (Please note you are now leaving the University of Miami website)