The mission of Computer Operations is to provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week support services for the administrative and academic departments at Coral Gables, Medical School and Marine Science University users’ community.
Computer Operations is responsible for providing daily online and production job batch transactions to the various administrative and academic departments at Coral Gables, Medical School and Marine Science to successfully execute their departments’ applications needs. Computer Operations renders the following services:
- Operation’s Service Hours: Twenty-four by seven online and batch transactions.
- Workload Manager Enterprise System Platform (ESP): Departmental batch job scheduling; updates database transactions and generates reports for the University users’ community.
- Deliveries: Deliver reports to Coral Gables, Medical School and Marine Science (Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m).
- Tivoli Storage Manager Enterprise Backup: Performs daily incremental backups and restores as needed for the following operating systems: Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX, AS400 and Microsoft Windows. Tivoli Storage Manager Server, Virtual Tape Library, Storage Area Network/Brocade Director SAN technologies.
- Print on Demand: Provide color printing services with variable data, mailing services (pre-sort, first class, 3rd class bulk mail, National Change of Addresses, de-duplication of addresses), postal bar codes, tabbing, binding, folding, booklet maker/saddle stitch, etc.
- Promotion to Production: Review and approve promotions to comply with established production standards and procedures.
- Tape Management: Daily encrypted tapes for the mainframe (housekeeping and database backups), Tivoli Storage Manager, AS400 (Imaging System), Richter Library and Telecommunications servers are sent to a secure offsite storage facility and as part of the University’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan.
- Dispatch: Area for users to pickup reports, test scores, receiving supplies, information booth, and controls data center access by providing visitor pass.
- Call Support: Answers calls for Information Technology after hours and on weekends and routes them accordingly.
- Data Center Environmental Management: Monitors data center environmental (Uninterrupted Power Supply, Generator, air conditioning and water flow/temperature) using specific hardware and software.
|Computer Operations Contact Information|
|Computer Operations||305-284-3923||Workload Manager (ESP)|