Technical Infrastructure Services (TIS) is responsible for establishing, supporting and maintaining the technical infrastructure, including shared services, virtual services, central server services, security operations, technical operations and computer operations which support the goals and mission of the University.
Technical Infrastructure Services (TIS):
- Infrastructure Shared Services
- Provides Storage, Backups, Messaging and Collaboration, Directory Services for colleges and departments on the Coral Gables Campus.
- Infrastructure Virtual Services
- Provides Servers (HW/OS), Server Virtualization, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Management Tools and Alerting.
- Central Server Services
- Provides subscribers with a cost-effective support infrastructure that includes day-to-day computing support. Our technical staff supports the department’s computing needs including network access, data storage and backup, print services and more.
- Security Operations
- Provides information security ranging from network and computer security to physical access control systems. Also serves as the contact point for IT abuse issues and enforces the global security policies, standards, and guidelines and procedures.
- Technical Operations
- Supports the administrative enterprise server (mainframe) and Document Management infrastructure support, including operating system support, periodic software maintenance, infrastructure management, and high availability and serviceability.
- Computer Operations
- Provides support services 24 hours, 7 days a week for the administrative and academic departments at Coral Gables, Medical School and Marine Science University users' community.