A University-wide migration from on-premises UMail email accounts to the Microsoft’s cloud-based collaboration suite called Office 365 has begun with planned completion in 2014. The Office 365 service can be found at the following link www.miami.edu/it/o365
. For information on the migration click the following link www.miami.edu/it/o365migration
The University of Miami has chosen Office 365 as its enterprise level email system and is used by a large portion of the faculty, staff and students.
- Students: All students provisioned under Office 365. To obtain an O365 email account, please contact the UMIT Service Desk: Coral Gables/RSMAS: (305) 284-6565 | Medical: (305) 243-5999.
- Alumni: All alumni provisioned for [limited] Office 365 services.
- Faculty & Staff - Coral Gables campus: Some schools/departments maintain their own email servers.
- Miller Medical School: Rolling migration for UMail account holders. Each account holder will be notified as appropriate.
- Students: Licensed for use by currently enrolled, for credit, degree seeking students for personal non commercial use.
- Alumni: Licensed for use of email, calendar and contacts only.
There is no cost to use this software.