A University-wide migration from on-premises UMail email accounts to the Microsoft’s cloud-based collaboration suite called Office 365 has begun with planned completion in 2015. The Office 365 service is described below. For information on the migration click the following link www.miami.edu/it/o365migration
Get the latest Office applications plus the most advanced enterprise-grade communication capabilities and compliance features. "Office 365" refers to subscription plans that include access to Office applications plus other productivity services that are enabled over the Internet (cloud services), such as Lync web conferencing and Exchange Online hosted email for business, and additional online storage with OneDrive and Skype world minutes for home.
- Students: All students provisioned under Office 365. To obtain an O365 email account, please contact the UMIT Service Desk: Coral Gables/RSMAS: (305) 284-6565 | Medical: (305) 243-5999.
- Alumni: All alumni provisioned for [limited] Office 365 services.
- Faculty & Staff - Coral Gables campus: All faculty & staff provisioned under Office 365.
- Miller Medical School: Rolling migration for UMail account holders. Each account holder will be notified as appropriate.
- Students: Licensed for use by currently enrolled, for credit, degree seeking students for personal non commercial use.
- Alumni: Licensed for use of email, calendar and contacts only.
There is no cost to use this software.