Blackboard Video is now available for all University of Miami faculty and students! Blackboard Video can be used to create, upload, and publish a wide variety of digital video files that pertain to University coursework. This new video management system, supported by a product the University has licensed called Kaltura, provides an easy to use platform for the creation of teaching and learning materials, video assignments, and management of lecture capture content, in addition to other capabilities. Recordings can be captured and video content can be uploaded easily within the Blackboard system.
- Currently Enrolled Students: To make use of the Blackboard Video feature, you must be enrolled in a course where the instructor has activated this feature.
- Faculty: You must first enable the feature in your Blackboard course.
Potential benefits of Adding Video to Your Blackboard Course:
- Give students access to supplemental, course related video outside of the classroom
- Video can be provided to students to view outside of class rather than having to devote class time to showing videos in class.
- Allow students to view videos on the device of their choosing. Kaltura detects the type of device (PC, iPhone, iPad, etc.) that a student is using and streams video in a format compatible with that device.
- Prevents users outside of Blackboard from viewing your videos
No fees are charged for this service.
Log in to Blackboard: http://www.courses.miami.edu