The Student Technology Help Desk is a free computer support center for students. We provide a multitude of services including internet configuration, virus and spyware removal, system restorations, software installations and upgrades on laptops, desktops, and PDAs.
Additional Services Provided:
- Adobe Reader and Flash Installation.
- Driver and Network Troubleshooting.
- General Troubleshooting.
- Reactivation of MAC Address.
- Peer to Peer Software Removal.
- Windows Activation.
- Alumni: Graduating students receive support until June 1 following graduation.
- Apple Boot Camp - installation of Windows 7 operating system on a Mac.
- Data Recovery - the attempt to gather or "recover" data from a damaged or non-functional computer For PC's.
- Data Transfer - The transfer of previously backed up data to a student's computer or external storage.
- Dell Warranty Repair - repair or replacement of Dell hardware and parts on in-warranty systems.
- Faxing Services - free faxing services for the University community.
- Gaming Console Configuration - assistance with configuration of gaming consoles to the University's network.
- Malware and Virus Removal - scanning and removal of viruses and malware from computer for improved performance and security.
- McAfee Antivirus - installation of McAfee Antivirus software to protect from virus and malware.
- Microsoft Office - installation and basic troubleshooting of the Microsoft Office suite for both Windows and Mac.
- OS Installation (Windows) - installation or reinstallation of University supported Windows operating systems.
- OS Installation (Mac) - installation or reinstallation of University Supported OS X operating systems (some restrictions apply).
- Network Setup - configuration of computer to connect to the WirelessCanes (wireless) and CaneNet (wired) networks.
- Nursing Checklist - configuration of computer to meet the testing requirements for the School of Nursing.
- Office 365 Configuration - configuration of computers, tablets, and smartphones for Office 365.
- UPrint Install - configuration of computers to access the UPrint wireless printing service.
- Unlock CaneID - capable of unlocking CaneID accounts.
No costs are charged for this service, however, certain computer repairs are only covered on Dell computers with warranty from the manufacturer.
Student Technology Help Desk
1305 Stanford Dr
Coral Gables, FL 33146
Tel: (305) 284-8887