ArcGIS is Geographic Information System (GIS) Software designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage and present all types of geographically referenced data for geodatabase management applications. The suite of ArcGIS software includes developer products and web services.
- Faculty, Staff & University Departments: The University has entered into a site license for ArcGIS. It can be downloaded onto any University owned computer.
There is no cost to use this software.
To download ArcGIS, you must first create an account on the ESRI customer portal at https://customers.esri.com
- Click on the link above, it will then ask you to fill out the information for your account.
- It will then ask you to confirm your account by re-entering your password.
- After you receive this window it will then show you a box that asks to request access to your customer account.
- Click here and it will ask you for our customer number. Our Customer Number is 8639.
- It will then send a request for access to ESRI and to software, and after you are granted access, you will be able to download ArcGis.
- It will notify you via email when your request has been granted.