The Information Technology Project Management Office (IT PMO) is a service organization created for the specific purpose of supporting the successful and effective delivery of Information Technology projects. The mission of the PMO is two-fold:
- Create a foundation for consistent IT projects success throughout the organization
- Guide key IT projects from implementation through a successful conclusion
The IT PMO team focuses on defining and developing IT program/project management best practices,processes, and policy to ensure alignment with IT strategy and goals.
This includes the structure and practices by which we plan, accept, evaluate, and prioritize requests for change and enhancement;as well as the tools and procedures to ensure these changes and enhancements are performed optimally. The IT PMO also collaborates across the organization to coordinate planning, management and execution of multiple projects directed toward the same strategic goal. This collaboration may be with project managers from within IT or from the business units involved in the specific project, as well as other functional areas as needed.
In order to assist in collaborative efforts, the IT PMO relies heavily on relationship management. Actively; participating in relationship management enables the IT PMO to understand the business, assit in the prioritization of projects, and ensure that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment.
We look forward to building a partnership that enables IT to concentrate its resources on value-add projects that truly align to the most important needs and objectives of its constituents.
- Information Technology: This service is available to IT staff upon request
The PMO can assist in the following areas:
- Project planning frameworks, methodologies, and metrics
- Mentoring to IT project teams on tools and best practices for project management and analysis
- Assistance in the development of business cases, requests for service and work plans
- Project management services and oversight for select IT projects
No costs are charged for this service.
Sharepoint site: IT PMO