The goal of the Applications & Services unit is to support the academic, research and administrative functions of the University to meet their strategic goals. This unit provides the user community with a set of integrated information systems and institutional databases that support the mission of the University, and provides faculty, staff and students with enterprise applications that assist them in day-to-day activities.
Our eight functional groupings are comprised of information technology and business professionals who work closely with our central administrative and academic offices and campus counterparts to investigate, develop, implement and support enterprise solutions to University administrative, academic and business needs.
- Point Solutions
- The Point Solutions unit administers, maintains, develops, monitors, and oversees enterprise applications on behalf of University users.
- Decision Support Services
- Partnering with business owners, data custodians, and users, the Decision Support Technology unit’s role is to provide services in Business Intelligence.
- Middleware & Identity Services
- The functional focus of this unit is to enable the integration of systems and applications across the enterprise through a collection of technologies and services. This unit also performs authentication, authorization, and security functions for enterprise-wide applications.
- Project Management Office
- The Project Management Office (PMO) operations are focused on the following objectives: Providing Project Management services and oversight for select IT projects; mentoring, training, and guiding the organization’s project teams as they learn and then adopt project management practices throughout their projects; serving as UMIT’s authority on IT Project Management practices, and being the resident advocate and model for good Project Management practice.
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) unit is focused on replacing legacy systems with enterprise solutions. The team is actively engaged in a multi-year project to implement the Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Workday suite of products to support faculty, students, and staff at the University.
- Shared Application Services
- The Shared Application Services (SAS) unit provides support for the design, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of applications and databases hosted by the University.