The Academic Technologies group is focused on the teaching and learning side of Information Technology.
We are always exploring ways to enrich teaching and learning through the use of new technologies and best practices course design. We have responsibility functions such as computer labs, lecture capture, student technology support, instructional design, and learning platforms that enhance online and technology-enriched courses.
- Learning Platforms Team
- The Learning Platforms Team manages all aspects of the Blackboard Learn course management system and the Blackboard Collaborate video conferencing system. They can provide consultations and training on the use of these tools or other online tools that can meet educational needs.
- Learning Innovation and Faculty Engagement
- This group provides consultations to faculty on a wide range of course redesign topics such as building hybrid courses, designing engaging course activities, creating a “flipped classroom” experiences, and the appropriate use of educational media. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- Student Technology Help Desk
- The Student Technology Help Desk is a free computer support center for students. They provide a multitude of services including Internet configuration, virus and spyware removal, system restorations, software installations, and upgrades on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices.