The mission of Information Technology is to provide, secure and support the technology resources enabling the University of Miami to achieve national and international distinction and leadership in academics, research and clinical care.
The vision of IT is to create:
- A technologically enhanced academic environment creating improved learning opportunities and positive educational outcomes.
- A robust research computing infrastructure facilitating research, supporting creativity, and improving our competitiveness.
- An infrastructure enabling and enhancing communication and collaboration.
- An environment supporting intuitive access to data and information.
- A culture assisting the University community in assessing needs, communicating direction, developing institutional plans and analyzing results.
- Enterprise Application Services
- Provides an integrated solutions approach to services centered on the planning, development, operation and on-going support of University student, financial management, budget, procurement and human resources enterprise applications.
- Technical Infrastructure Services
- Responsible for establishing, supporting and maintaining the technical infrastructure, including shared services, virtual services, central server services, security operations, technical operations and computer operations.
- User Support Services
- Provides technical assistance to support, enrich and empower the university community, assisting it to achieve excellence in instruction, research, clinical care, operations and reputation.
- Chief Information Security Office
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a security framework and comprehensive program that supports the University’s mission and goals.
- Project Management Office
- Supports the successful and effective delivery of Information Technology projects.
- Business Operations
- Responsible for the administrative and financial activities and contractual business for the University of Miami Department of Information Technology including Telecommunications.
- Instructional Advancement Center
- Responsible to support and recognize the instructional activities of the faculty in order to enhance teaching and learning at the University of Miami.