To promote strategic and tactical academic initiatives that cross-cut the schools and colleges at the University of Miami; to unify and enhance the research mission on Coral Gables campus; and to provide oversight of university-wide faculty enhancement and diversity efforts.
- Developing research administration practices, infrastructure, policies, and training in conjunction with the Vice Provost for Research
- Policy development for inter-campus research, including space commitments, indirect cost recovery allocation, and research activity reporting
- Deciding on matching fund commitments, indirect cost recovery waivers, facility planning, and policies and procedures for regulatory and training requirements
- Facilitate initiatives, programs, and policies for faculty recruitment and advancement and ensure their uniformity
- Develop strategies and central processes to enhance diversity of the faculty