The Senate and its officers are the supreme legislative power of Student Government. The Senate is led by the Speaker
and the Speaker Pro Tempore
represent academic, residential, organizational and class constituencies.
Senate has the power to:
- Propose referenda involving the Student Activity Fee
- Review all expenditures of Student Government
- Establish procedures and regulations for Student Government elections
- Approve the Student Government budget as presented by the Treasurer
- Confirm appointments to various Student Government offices
Senate meetings are every Wednesday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the UC Ballrooms. Meetings are open to any undergraduate student that has paid his or her Student Activity Fee.