The Senate and its officers are the supreme legislative power of Student Government. The Senate is led by the Speaker
and the Speaker Pro Tempore
represent academic, residential, organizational and class constituencies.
Senate has the power to:
- Propose referenda involving the Student Activity Fee
- Review all expenditures of Student Government
- Establish procedures and regulations for Student Government elections
- Approve the Student Government budget as presented by the Treasurer
- Confirm appointments to various Student Government offices
Senate meetings are every Wednesday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the SAC Senate Room. Meetings are open to any undergraduate student that has paid his or her Student Activity Fee.
The seats are open until until Saturday, October 10th at 5PM. The seats are as follows:
School of Communication (1)
School of Nursing (1)
Frost School of Music (1)
University Village (1)
Commuter (1- It's a Spring seat that is unoccupied)
They must interview for this position
The interviews will occur between the Sunday and Tuesday after applications close; we will reach out to applicants to confirm times.
Senate meets weekly on Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30
Senators must attend at least one of the following weekly meetings: Academic Affairs (Tuesdays at 2), Public Relations (Tuesdays at 5), University Affairs (Thursdays at 5:15), and Policy and Finance (Thursdays at 6:30)
Apply here: https://orgsync.com/55218/forms/121219