MAIA STUDY ABROAD 2013
Students should be in good standing with a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
Program open to Graduate and Upper Division Undergraduate Students.
Complete and submit application to the UM-MAIA Office BY Monday, March 1, 2013.
Priority Deadline: Wednesday, February 1, 2013.
Via Mail: 1365 Memorial Drive, Ungar Building, Suite 341, Coral Gables, Florida 33146
Via Fax: 305-284-2023 or Via PDF: email@example.com
Non‐UM students must provide an official university transcript and a $40.00 application fee. This fee is waived for UM students.
Non-MAIA Students need to submit a recommendation letter from a Faculty Advisor.
All Students must submit a $500.00 non‐refundable deposit (check or money order only) with the application. The deposit of participating students will be applied towards tuition.
You will be notified of acceptance by email.
To confirm your participation, submit the $500 non‐refundable deposit and required study abroad forms.
For more information on passports and visas, click here
Application Procedures for Exchange Students From our Partners at:
Charles University Law School, Prague, Czech Republic
St. Petersburg State University School of International Relations, St. Petersburg, Russia
Spring: October 1
Fall: March 1
IMPORTANT: Exchange Students MUST BE A FULL-TIME STUDENT at one of UM’s international partner universities and be nominated your home university.
To apply, submit to your International Office the following documents:
1. Completed the Non-Degree Graduate Exchange Program Application signed by your academic advisor.
2. Official transcript of all universities attended.
3. Bank letter on official letterhead stating that the person responsible for your living and personal expenses while studying at the University of Miami as an exchange student has a minimum of $9,053 in his/her account ($18,166 for academic year) or a recent bank statement showing a balance of $9,053 or $18,166. These numbers are for the 2011-12 academic year.
4. Official TOEFL score report of 213 for the computer-based test, 550 for the paper test, or 80 for the internet-based test (including the speaking subscore)– if you are a non-native speaker of English. UM also accepts the IELTS score report with a minimum score of 6.5 (for undergraduates). UM does not accept the Institutional Testing Program (ITP) TOEFL score.
5. Copy of passport (main identification page).
6. Essay explaining how MAIA fits into your educational plan.
7. Optional (GRE or GMAT Scores)