If the University of Miami is in a disaster or emergency situation, you must do the following:
1. Remember to keep the IEEP Emergency Contact Card with you at all times.
2. If you are being evacuated or choose to leave, remember to take with you you the following:
3. Contact your advisor to let him or her know that you are safe, and provide the location of where you are taking shelter during the emergency or disaster. If you cannot reach your advisor, contact one of the other advisors listed on the card.
4. If you change locations prior to the reopening of the University, let your advisor know the new location and phone number.
5. Students who are forced to evacuate or temporarily relocate to another area should notify UM of their new location and contact information by going to https://recover.miami.edu/. This is the online site where you should “check in” following a hurricane.
6. Keep in touch with your family.
7. Read the UM Hurricane Preparedness Website
If you are in a personal/medical emergency, please call the following emergency numbers:
305-284-6666 (UM Police Department 24-7 number)
855-828-4666 (Toll-free number that links directly into the UM Police Department)
911 – General emergency number