ANNUAL STUDY ABROAD
INTERNATIONAL MEDIA CONTEST
We all have memorable photos and videos that capture special moments. Submit yours today for a chance to win prizes!
GRAND PRIZES include:
$100 voucher to use on flights, hotels or tours with STA Travel, a student travel agency.
Gift certificates from the city of Coral Gables to use at businesses on Miracle Mile.
... AND MORE PRIZES TO BE ANNOUNCED
* Entries must be received by March 31st.
* Entrants must upload digital photograph files or video files as part of a complete application for entry into the contest.
* Photographs and video must be originals taken by the student.
* Each media submission MUST be named in the following format: YourFullName_Country_City or Location_Year _Category
* Entries MUST be submitted online.
* Entrants may submit up to 5 media files (photos and/or videos) for each of the following categories:
1. City/Landscape: Whether it’s a photo of where you studied or a place you visited while abroad, we want to see your shots!
2. UM Pride: This category is for photos of UM students abroad. Bonus points if they’re wearing UM gear or throwing up the U!
3. Photographer’s Choice: Have great photos that don’t fit into either category above? Submit them here!
* Entrants may submit more than one photo to the same category.
HOW TO WIN
1. Entries will be judged by a community of UM faculty and staff members on artistic expression, creativity, originality, quality and appropriate fit for the designated category.
1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and an indefinite number of “Director’s Selection” prizes will be awarded for each category.
2. Additional photos will be chosen to compete for the “People’s Choice” award. These photos will be posted on the Office of Study Abroad’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. Like/follow our accounts and tell your friends and family to do the same so that they can vote for you! The photo with the highest combined number of likes will win!