Untitled Document

Students wishing to officially withdraw from the University of Miami must provide the Office of the Registrar with notification of their intent to withdraw. Initial notification can be made in person, in writing, by fax, or by telephone. This notification will be recorded and used for notification purposes for the Federal Government. Repayment of any federal funds will be based on the date of notification.

Students must also follow the required process as set forth by their school/college for withdrawing from courses. This process often requires that a signature from a dean or the dean’s representative be obtained on a Change of Course form. In some cases, students can complete the Change of Course form (hard copy or through the myUM system) without an approving signature. Change of Course forms must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar for final processing/review.

In addition to the completion of the Change of Course form, students will be asked to complete a Withdrawal Checklist and a Withdrawing Student Survey. The Withdrawal Checklist provides students with a series of offices that need to be notified concerning their withdrawal.


For information on military withdrawal procedures, please contact the Office of the Registrar.


askUM icon