|The Office of Student Financial Assistance and Employment offers several Off-Campus Program opportunities for students and employers. Please click on the links to learn more about our Community Service Federal Work Study and Part-Time Jobs/Internships.
Off-campus employers hire students directly and are responsible for processing all necessary paperwork. All off-campus employment opportunities are posted on the Canelink system.
|Community Service Federal Work Study|
|Students who have been awarded Federal Work Study are eligible to work in community service projects at local non-profit and governmental agencies. Participating agencies must have contracted with the University of Miami for the academic year. Non-profit agencies who would like to participate must contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Employment and complete a contract/agreement package in order to be approved for the program. These community service employers receive a 75% benefit, meaning they will pay the remaining 25% of the student’s wages.|
|Students may work with employers who help people meet their need for food, shelter, and health, educate people about their legal and civil rights, protect the environment or wildlife, or support social issues affecting the general welfare. The organizations may not involve sectarian instruction or other religious activities of a church, nor may involve the construction, operation, or maintenance of any portion of a facility used for sectarian instruction or religious worship.|
|Students with Federal Work study eligibility have the opportunity to serve as reading and math tutors under the America Reads and America Counts program. These programs work with over 30 local elementary schools and after school community agencies. The Federal Work Study program covers 100% of the tutor’s wages.|
|Off Campus Federal Work Study job opportunities are posted on the board outside of the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Employment and in the employment listing system of Canelink.|
|For an overview of the Community Service Federal Work Study program please look through the orientation.
|Part-Time Jobs and Internships in the Community|
|Off-campus jobs in the community are available to all students and they do not have to be eligible for financial aid in order to apply for these jobs. Jobs are located in the Greater Miami area. Students seeking early career-related experiences who have reliable transportation and time in their schedules are encouraged to consider off-campus jobs.|
|There is an array of paid internships and student employment positions that can provide field experience and networking opportunities. Off-campus employers hire students directly and are responsible for processing all necessary payroll paperwork. All off-campus employment opportunities are posted on the Canelink system.|
A word about off-campus referrals: The University of Miami's Office of Student Financial Assistance and Employment acts only as a referral service and makes no particular recommendations regarding employers. We make no representations or guarantees about positions listed by the office. The O.S.E. is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of off-campus employment. Due to the volume of jobs received by this office, we are unable to research the integrity of each organization or person that lists a job with us. Therefore, you are urged to undertake the responsibility yourself. If you have any concerns or suspicions regarding the legitimacy of a job posting, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Employmentimmediately.