Untitled Document
International students are eligible for Student Assistants or Graduate Assistant positions.
To be eligible for on campus employment, international students must have valid F-1 or J-1 status, which includes pursuing a full course of study. A full course of study is defined as a minimum of 12 undergraduate credits or 9 graduate credits during fall and spring semesters
International students are not required to be enrolled during the summer unless they are completing their course of study during that period. They may work during the summer provided they have proof of enrollment for the fall. Students in F-1 status may be employed on-campus during the academic year after verification of their employment eligibility through International Student & Scholar Services.
  • Students in F-1 status are eligible for on-campus employment of up to 20 hours per week during fall and spring semesters and up to 40 hours per week during vacation and semester breaks. View the F-1 Employment page for additional information.
  • Students with F-2 or B-2 status are prohibited by federal regulations from any type of employment.
  • Students with J-1 status must obtain permission to work on-campus from their program sponsor. View the J-1 Employment page for additional information.
  • Students with J-2 status must apply to the Immigration and Naturalization Service to receive permission to work. Applications may be arranged through International Student Services.
    Contact International Student & Scholar Services with questions regarding status or employment at (305) 284-2928 or visit University Center, Suite 2275.
    View the On-Campus International Student Employment Brochure or the Social Secuity Number Application Procedures document for additional information.