Tip Sheets |
Benefits Fairs |
Drop-In Labs |
Info Sessions |
2017 Premiums |
Click the appropriate box above to view your 2017 'Canes Total Rewards Guide!
NEW FOR 2017
PRESCRIPTION DRUG COVERAGE PROVIDED THROUGH OPTUMRX
• OptumRx will administer the prescription drug benefits for the University of Miami's health plan, beginning January 1, 2017. Aetna will continue to administer the University’s medical plan benefits.
• Plan participants will receive an ID card in December, which will serve as the ID for both the Aetna medical and OptumRx pharmacy plans. Cards will be sent in December to the home mailing address on file.
• Ninety-day supplies of maintenance medications may only be filled at Walgreens retail pharmacies or through OptumRx mail order. Beginning January 1, 2017, CVS retail pharmacies and Aetna Rx Home Delivery may no longer be used for ninety-day supplies of maintenance medications. Participants currently using maintenance medications, mail order, or specialty pharmacy will receive an information packet at their home address in November from OptumRx with detailed information on how to continue filling these prescriptions.
AETNA HEALTH REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNT FUNDS ADMINISTERED BY WAGEWORKS
• WageWorks will administer the Aetna Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funds, beginning January 1, 2017. Aetna will continue to administer the Aetna HRA medical plan itself.
• This change will make it easier for HRA plan participants to pay for their medical and pharmacy expenses.
CHANGES TO THE 403(B) INVESTMENT STRUCTURE
In January, there will be changes to the investment lineup for the University’s 403(b) plans. If you need to take action, you will receive information and reminders via mail, email, and phone from Fidelity or TIAA. Learn more.
ONLINE SYSTEM FOR THE EMPLOYEES’ RETIREMENT PLAN
Next year, University of Miami Employees’ Retirement Plan (ERP) participants will be able to go online to create custom benefit estimates, update beneficiary information, and more. Updates will be made available in 2017.
WHAT TO DO
• If you’re happy with your current elections,
there’s nothing you need to do during Open Enrollment. All elections will roll over, with the exception of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA). If you wish to enroll in an FSA for 2017, you must do so during Open Enrollment.
• If you would like to enroll in an FSA, or make changes to your medical and/or dental plan elections (such as electing a new plan or dropping a dependent from coverage),
you may only do so during Open Enrollment. If you add a dependent, you will be asked to provide documentation to substantiate their relationship to you.
Open Enrollment 2017
Life Event During/After Open Enrollment
Divorce During/After Open Enrollment
Enjoy free flu shots, free massages and acupuncture, and free wellness screenings. At a satellite location? Click here
to view a schedule of mini-fairs.
Coral Gables Campus
Donna E. Shalala Student Center, Grand Ballroom
Monday, October 10 | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Rosenstiel School Campus
Tuesday, October 11 | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Miller School Campus
Schoninger Research Quadrangle
Wednesday, October 12 | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday, October 13 | 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Schoninger Research Quadrangle
Friday, October 14 | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Learn more about your 'Canes Total Rewards and get the answers you need in a live information session with a benefits representative.
Coral Gables Information Sessions
Wednesday, October 19; 12 - 1 p.m., School of Business Storer Auditorium
Tuesday, October 25; 12 - 1 p.m., School of Business Storer Auditorium
Miller School Information Sessions
Monday, October 17; 7:30 - 8:30 a.m., Mailman Center 8th Floor Auditorium (UMMG Faculty Only Session)
Wednesday, October 19; 12 - 1 p.m., Mailman Center 8th Floor Auditorium
Monday, October 24; 11 a.m. - 12 p.m., Mailman Center 8th Floor Auditorium
UMH Information Sessions
Friday, October 21; 2:30 - 3:30 p.m., East Main Building, 5th Floor, Conference Room C
Tuesday, October 25; 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., East Main Building, 5th Floor, Conference Room C
RSMAS Information Sessions
Thursday, October 20; 12 - 1 p.m., SLAB Seminar Room
Get live help! Visit any of these locations on the dates and times listed below for live help with Workday and your ‘Canes Total Rewards.
Coral Gables Drop-In Labs
Wednesday, October 19; 2 - 5 p.m., Gables One Tower, Suite 1100J
Friday, October 21; 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Allen Hall, Suite 202A
UMH Drop-In Labs
Thursday, October 13; 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., MIS Computer Lab 4119
Monday, October 17; 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., MIS Computer Lab 4119
Wednesday, October 26; 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., MIS Computer Lab 4119
Thursday, October 27; 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., MIS Computer Lab 4119
Miller School Drop-In Labs
Thursday, October 20; 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Dominion Tower, Suite 1003A
Click the desired dates below to access a webinar.
Faculty and Staff Open Enrollment: 10/4, 3:30 p.m.
10/7, 10 a.m. CANCELLED
| 10/11, 11 a.m.
| 10/14, 10 a.m.
| 10/25, 3 p.m.
UMMG Faculty Open Enrollment: 10/13, 5:30 p.m. | 10/18, 5:30 p.m.
There will be small increases to medical premiums. There will be no increases to dental premiums.
for additional health care premiums.
Medical Plan Examples
Faculty & Staff
Medical Plan Comparison Chart
2017 Prescription Drugs Information
for additional dental premiums.
Dental Plan Comparison Chart
VSP Vision Care
MetLaw Legal Plan