Coral Gables (February 05, 2013) — Recently the Faculty Senate and the President approved changes to the undergraduate fall schedule as proposed by a joint Faculty-Administration Ad Hoc Committee on Undergraduate Scheduling. The new fall schedule incorporates the following changes:
1. Fall classes will begin on a Monday, two days earlier than currently scheduled.
2. There will be a two-day fall break (Thursday and Friday) in October.
3. The Thanksgiving break will begin on the Monday preceding the holiday and end on the Sunday following the holiday.
4. Classes will end two days later than currently scheduled, on a Tuesday, thus retaining the current number of class days (69).
5. Reading days will now begin one day prior to the first exam day followed by a weekend of no exams.
The Fall 2013 Academic Calendar will be the model used going forward for fall semester; the spring semester schedule will remain as is. For the full calendar of dates, please refer to the academic calendar.
« Back to News Releases