Application Procedures for Exchange Students From our Partners at:
Charles University Law School, Prague, Czech Republic
St. Petersburg State University School of International Relations, St. Petersburg, Russia
Spring: October 1
Fall: March 1
IMPORTANT: Exchange Students MUST BE A FULL-TIME STUDENT at one of UM’s international partner universities and be nominated your home university.
To apply, submit to your International Office the following documents:
1. Completed the Non-Degree Graduate Exchange Program Application signed by your academic advisor.
2. Official transcript of all universities attended.
3. Bank letter on official letterhead stating that the person responsible for your living and personal expenses while studying at the University of Miami as an exchange student has a minimum of $8,500.00 in his/her account ($24,043.00 for academic year) or a recent bank statement showing a balance of $8,500.00. These numbers are for the 2013-14 academic year.
4. Official TOEFL score report of 235 for the computer-based test, 600 for the paper test, or 90 for the internet-based test (including the speaking subscore)– if you are a non-native speaker of English. UM also accepts the IELTS score report with a minimum score of 7.0 (for undergraduates). UM does not accept the Institutional Testing Program (ITP) TOEFL score.
5. Copy of passport (main identification page).
6. Essay explaining how MAIA fits into your educational plan.
7. Optional (GRE or GMAT Scores)
The University of Miami does not offer on-campus housing for graduate students. To help you with your search please visit the off-campus housing website. You can also visit the roommate finder option.